There are many ways to go about this and any of the following are good indications:
- They don’t haggle you down when you quote your price.
- They pay the first payment for the project promptly.
- They sign your Terms & Conditions without hesitation (although if they ask questions about it first, that could be good too – show they’ve read them).
- They value your expertise and want to hear your ideas.
But what will really tell you wether this person is a good potential client is the quality of the coffee they give you:
- If it’s instant stuff: make a polite excuse and walk away.
- If the meeting is in a trendy coffee shop then prick up your ears: this could go places.
- If it’s home made coffee in one of those Italian coffee maker things: you’re on to a winner.
If you’re the tea drinking kind then a good sign would be Assam leaf tea served in a glass. But who does that this side of the English Channel?